Bucks County Community College’s Department of the Arts will be showcasing student talent at six free concerts starting Monday.
The performances, part of the Arts at Bucks celebrations, will culminate in a big-band style jazz orchestra event on May 3.
Here is the full list of free concerts:
- Chamber Jazz Ensemble kicks off the series Monday with selections from a repertoire specifically composed for small-group jazz ensembles.
- The Madrigal Singers take the stage Tuesday. This vocal ensemble entertains with group and solo performances from historical, cultural and stylistic backgrounds and genres.
- The Percussion Ensemble will perform Thursday with a variety of instruments.
- On Monday, April 30, the Classical Ensembles perform. The Classical Ensembles consist of the Low Brass Ensemble and the Woodwind Ensemble.
- The multi-voice Concert Choir performs on Wednesday, May 2. The group performs a stylistically diverse repertoire, including a new composition by Professor Steve Bresnen.
- The concert series concludes Thursday, May 3, with the BCCC Jazz Orchestra. The group will be performing the music of Duke Ellington.
All concerts take place at 7:30 p.m. in the Presser Music Room in the Music and Multimedia Center.