Bensalem Reorganizes for 2012
Joe Knowles named council president for 2012.
On Monday evening, Bensalem Township reorganized for the New Year.
In the township’s annual reorganization meeting, Republican councilmen Joe Knowles, Ed Kisselback and John Matthieu were sworn in after winning November’s election over Democrats Mary Jeffery and Robert Heller and Bhavin Patel.
Nominated by outgoing council leader Kisselback, Joe Knowles was named council president for 2012. Kisselback was made vice president and Joseph Pillieri was named secretary.
In addition to these council maneuvers, township named its auditors, news media, court stenographer, municipal clerk, accounting firm and set the year’s council meeting dates.
Council also approved a number of the mayor’s nominations for the following municipal boards:
- Cable Telecommunication Advisory Board
- Code of Appeals Board
- Community Development Advisory Board
- Disabled Persons Advisory Board
- Drug and Alcohol Advisory Council
- Economic Development Corporation
- Emergency Services Advisory Board
- Environmental Advisory Board
- Gaming Advisory Board
- Fee Advisory Committee
- Parks & Recreation Board
- Planning Commission
- Senior Citizens Advisory Board
- Shade Tree Commission
- Vacant Property Review Committee
- Veterans Affairs Advisory Board
Falcone and Judge Leonard Brown administered the oaths of office for the municipal officials.