Music Students Earn Spots on County, State Music Ensembles
Students from Bensalem Township High School have been awarded spots on Pennsylvania Music Educators Association (PMEA) and the Bucks County Music Educators Association (BCMEA) County Music Festivals.
After auditioning, seven Bensalem Township High School music students have earned spots on county and state music ensembles.
The students successfully auditioned into the Pennsylvania Music Educators Association (PMEA) and the Bucks County Music Educators Association (BCMEA) County Music Festivals. In order to become a part of the PMEA, students must audition and compete against students from other high schools in Bucks and Montgomery counties. BCMEA participants audition alongside other high schools from Bucks County.
Victoria Leonhardt, Neal Williamson, Anthony Ho, Daniel Perlman, Neal Williamson, Stephanie Schrader and Aaron Quarterman earned spots on these ensembles, according to Bensalem Township School District.
Students will participate in the following ensembles:
- PMEA District 11 Chorus: Victoria Leonhardt
- PMEA District 11 Band: Neal Williamson
- PMEA District 11 Orchestra: Neal Williamson
- PMEA Region 6 Band: Neal Williamson
- PMEA Region 6 Orchestra: Neal Williamson
- PMEA All-State Jazz: Neal Williamson
- PMEA Region 6 Chorus: Victoria Leonhardt
- BCMEA Orchestra: Anthony Ho
- BCMEA Band: Daniel Perlman; Neal Williamson; Stephanie Schrader; Aaron Quarterman
The Pennsylvania Music Educators Association "supports and promotes quality music education through the sponsorship of workshops, conferences, performances and festivals throughout the commonwealth," according to its website. The Bucks County Music Educators Association's goal "is to enhance the availability of information and increase the awareness and support of music education" throughout Bucks County.