Santa To Kickoff Bucks County Treefest
There will be 25 trees decorated by local businesses.
Santa Claus is set to arrive at the Bucks County Visitor Center in Bensalem on Tuesday, Nov. 20. But he won’t be riding in his sleigh. He’ll be riding on a fire engine.
The big man will be kicking off this year’s Holiday TreeFest hosted by Visit Bucks County, the county’s official tourism agency.
Twenty-five uniquely themed trees will be on display as the main gallery of the Visitor Center is transformed into a wintry wonderland. Each tree is decorated by a local business or organization.
Sundays with Santa (Dec. 2, 9, 16), musical talent, and a special day dedicated to Pet Photos with Santa (Dec. 16) are a few of the highlights in the packed schedule of events.
The kickoff event runs from 5:30-7:30 p.m. (Santa will arrive on a fire truck at 6 p.m. to magically turn on all the lights!) The TreeFest will continue at the Visitor Center through Jan. 9.
Visit Bucks wants you to be social with them! Visitors are encouraged to share their favorite tree photos and comments on Twitter using #BucksTreefest.
2012 Holiday TreeFest participants:
- 101 Mobility: “Lifting You & Your Spirits”
- BounceU of Langhorne: “Have Yourself A Bouncy Little Christmas…”
- Bryn Athyn Historic District: “Christmas in Bryn Athyn”
- Bucks County Courier Times/The Intelligencer: “What's black and white and 'Read' in print, online and mobile?”
- Eddington Presbyterian Church: “Angels Watching Over Us”
- God’s Love Pet Ministry: “God’s Love Pet Ministry”
- InnPlace Hotel Bensalem: “The InnPlace is your Holiday Place”
- James River Cabinetry: “Angels in Bucks County” (Decorated by St. Andrew Father’s Committee)
- Keeping Up! LLC: “The World Comes To Bucks County”
- Krispy Kreme Doughnuts: “Very Merry Doughnuts”
- Moland House Historic Park: “Colonial Christmas”’ (Decorated by Warwick Township Historical Society)
- Newtown Arts Company: “Curtains Up!
- Nostalgia: “We Love Bucks County!”
- Nottingham Fire Department: “Bensalem's Bravest”
- Rotary Club of Bensalem: “Peace Through Service”
- Sadie’s Bridal: “The Christmas Bride”
- Sam’s Motorcycles: “Harley Davidson Upside Down Tree”
- Senator Tommy Tomlinson’s Staff: “State of Pennsylvania”
- Shady Brook Farm: “The Memory Tree” (Decorated by The Peggy Rice Family for Alzheimer’s Association Delaware Valley)
- St. Katharine Drexel Mission Center & Shrine: “Recognize the Christmas Angels among us”
- Texas Roadhouse: “Save the Pups” (Decorated by No Dog Gets Left Behind)
- Trenton Titans: “Join The Nation This Holiday Season with the Trenton Titans”
- The Tubby Olive: “Deck the Halls with Gifts from The Tubby Olive”
- Twining Village: “Twining Village Salutes our Military Heroes”
- Visit Bucks County: “Bucks County’s Winter Wonderland”
The Visitor Center is also a drop-off location for Toys for Tots. Visitors are encouraged to bring a new, unwrapped toy to the Visitor Center through December 8th to help our local community in need.
It will also host a drop box for the Holiday Mail for Heroes program. The public is invited to bring unsealed holiday cards containing messages of cheer and appreciation to our troops through December 6th. These letters will be sent overseas to soldiers in need of holiday spirit. No postage necessary.
For a complete schedule of events, check out www.VisitBucksCounty.com/Treefest