The 2013 Girl Scout Cookie Sale runs from January 17 through March 3.
Eight Varieties to Choose From
- Thanks-A-Lot: Shortbread cookies dipped in fudge and topped with an embossed thank you message in one of five languages.
- Mango Cremes (New for 2013): Vanilla and coconut cookies filled with mango-flavored crème and enhanced with fruit derived nutrients.
- Lemonades: Shortbread cookies with lemon-flavored icing.
- Shortbread: Girl Scout's traditional shortbread cookie.
- Thin Mints: Crispy chocolate wafers dipped in a mint chocolate coating.
- Peanut Butter Patties: Vanilla cookies layered with peanut butter and covered in chocolate.
- Caramel Delites: Vanilla cookies coated in caramel, sprinkled with toasted coconut, and finished with chocolate stripes.
- Peanut Butter Sandwich: Oatmeal cookies with peanut butter filling.
Where To Buy Cookies
Take a look at the list below of some cookie sales in the area.
- Where: Girl Scouts and troop leaders will be stationed with cookies at various participating Wawa stores across the Philadelphia area.
- When: February 9 and 10, 2013 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Where: 2500 W Moreland Rd Willow Grove, PA 19090
- When: A Girl Scout Cookie Booth will be available every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday and select weekdays beginning Thursday, January 17 at 3 p.m. The cookie sale will run through Sunday, March 3.
“What Can a Girl Do?”
“What Can a Girl Do?” it the theme for this year's cookie sale which continues its tradition of helping girls to develop essential life skills while earning proceeds for troop and council activities.
This year, Girl Scouts cookie boxes will feature brand new designs for the first time since 1999. The new boxes will highlight the five skills that the Girl Scout Cookie Program teaches: goal setting, decision making, money management, people skills, and business ethics.
February 8 is National Girl Scout Cookie Day which celebrates the Girl Scout Cookie Program, the largest girl-led business in the world.
Where do you usually purchase your cookies? Do you have a favorite cookie recipe or way to eat them? Let Patch know in the comments.
Girl Scouts: If you're planning to set up a cookie table some place, add it to our calendar and let people know at the bottom of this story. Please do not add your contact information, such as email or phone number, without checking with your parents.