Spring has Sprung! Bucks County is home to a number of beautifully manicured gardens with growing annuals, perennials, mature trees and shrubbery for all to enjoy. Weeds have been pulled, hedges trimmed and the flowers watered in order to showcase the beauty of Bucks County. Conveniently gathered in one list, here are some of Bucks County’s picturesque gardens:
- Take a leisurely stroll through the winding brick pathways of Peddler’s Village. The award-winning gardens of this popular shopping village are picture-perfect. Be sure to snap a picture and smell the tulips throughout your shopping excursion.
- Bowman’s Hill Wildflower Preserve is home to more than 800 species of native plants in a woodland setting on this 134-acre preserve. Become familiar with the grounds and see what's in bloom with their Guided Wildflower Walk offered from April through October.
- Honor the lives of those lost on September 11th at the Garden of Reflection in Yardley. Take a moment of silence for those affected by the tragedy of 9/11 as you walk through the gardens. The grounds feature nine red maples representing Lower Makefield victims, Maple trees for the lives of Bucks County victims and Redbud trees for the victims from Pennsylvania.
- Byers’ Choice, home to the beloved handcrafted Carolers®, is also home to award-winning gardens featuring colorful annuals, fragrant blooms and sculptures by local and nationally renowned artists. Byer’s Choice gladly opens its gardens for a leisurely stroll or wedding photos (FREE!).
- Get carried away in the butterfly garden at the Silver Lake Nature Center in Bristol. The vibrant colors of this garden make for a beautiful backdrop for photographs. Take in the serenity of the butterflies that visit the flowers around you.
- On the grounds of the former home of Pennsylvania founder, William Penn, is a picture -perfect garden. Throughout the year, Pennsbury Manor holds a “Garden Highlights” event where guests will learn about the work of Penn’s gardeners in the kitchen garden.
- Tour through the beautiful gardens of a Bucks County home! From May 6 - June 3, thousands of people will tour the house and gardens of the selected home on the Bucks County Designer Home and Gardens Tour. A portion of the proceeds benefit Doylestown Hospital.