The 125th anniversary of the St. Francis-St. Joseph Homes for Children is coming up, and the alumni of the school want to throw a party on Sept. 8 in celebration, according to CatholicPhilly.com.
The two schools were founded separately in 1888, St. Francis by St. Katharine Drexel and her sisters Elizabeth and Louise, St. Joseph by Father Eugene McElhone. Both institutions helped adolescent boys either orphaned or living homeless in the area. They two schools merged in 1998 and continue to operate.
The celebratory picnic will take place at the main campus on Route 13 and Street Road on Sept. 8 following 11 a.m. mass. For more information, call (856) 303-1463.