(VBC) has been spreading holiday cheer since the kick-off of the 6th Annual Bucks County Holiday TreeFest on Nov. 22.
Twenty-five uniquely-themed trees were beautifully showcased at the Bucks County Visitor Center, each sponsored by a VBC member or on behalf of a charity or non-profit organization. Winners were announced at a Jan. 5 award ceremony.
Nearly 5,000 people attended this season-long event at the Visitor Center in Bensalem, which was beautifully transformed into a joyous winter wonderland. Local musical talent including school choirs, orchestras and harpists joined in the festivities as they filled the 25-foot cathedral ceilings with holiday music for a sweet melodic treat. Santa made an appearance on select Sundays to take pictures with all family members—including your favorite family pet.
As in previous years, visitors had the opportunity to vote for their favorite tree.
The numbers are in and the top ten winners are:
- 1st Place “Trim the Pine and Drink Some Wine” Sponsored, Decorated by 263 Marketplace
- 2nd Place “Peace On Earth To All Of Good Will” Sponsored, Decorated by
- 3rd Place “The Commitment Tree” Sponsored, Decorated by Carson Valley Children’s Aid
- 4th Place “Giving Shoes” Sponsored by Shady Brook Farm, Decorated by ReUse Your Shoes
- 5th Place “A Critter Christmas” Sponsored by Pearl S. Buck House, Decorated by Manor College
- 6th Place “Very Merry Doughnuts” Sponsored, Decorated by
- 7th Place “Handmade in Bucks County” Sponsored by James River Cabinetry, Decorated by St. Andrew School Father's Committee
- 8th Place “Have a Harley Holiday” Sponsored & Decorated by Sam's Motorcycles
- 9th Place “Celebrating 100 Years of Girl Scouts” Sponsored by Conifer's Image, Decorated by Girl Scout Troup 2359
- 10th Place “Along the Trail in Bucks” Sponsored, Decorated by Bucks County Wine Trail
Visit Bucks County encourages spreading cheer with us at the 7th Annual Bucks County Holiday TreeFest beginning November 2012! If your organization is interested in participating, please contact Visit Bucks County at 215 639 0300. Opportunities are available for hosting a tree, advertising and sponsoring food and refreshments.