.

Adams Carpet Store Employee Saved Burning Electrician

An employee of Adams Carpet store saved a man's life after he caught fire after an electrical explosion.

An employee of Adams Carpet store saved a burning man's life after he caught fire due to an electrical panel explosion, according to a PhillyBurbs article.

An electrician who was working on an electrical panel box became "engulfed in flames" when an electrical explosion occurred at the store, which is located at 2064 Street Rd., police explained.

He ran towards the front of the store, where an employee of Adams Carpet attempted to assist him.

Battalion Chief Robert Sponheimer told PhillyBurbs that the employee's actions saved the man's life and most-likely prevented the fire from spreading to other stores in the shopping center where Adams Carpet is located.

While attempting to help the man, the employee sustained burns to his hands and arms, according to previous reports. Both men were sent to Temple University Hospital's Burn Center.

The electrician is still in extremely critical condition with third-degree burns covering more than 70 percent of his body, Sponheimer told PhillyBurbs. Additionally, he said the employee is in critical condition with second- and third-degree burns on his hands, face, arms and airway.

Neither of the men's names have been released at this time.

The fire started just before 5 p.m. and was out by 5:15 p.m. Electricity was restored to the building by PECO by 6 p.m.

Brian Tenney January 21, 2013 at 07:19 PM
Any further word on the man's condition?

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »