.

Man 'Engulfed in Flames' at Adams Carpet Fire

Two burn victims have been transported to hospitals after a fire broke out at Adams Carpet, according to reports.

An electrician and an employee of Adams Carpet were taken to hospitals with burns after an electrical fire caused an explosion at the store on Thursday evening, police said.

One victim, an electrician, was flown to Temple Burn Center and is in "extremely critical condition" with burns covering more than 80 percent of his body, according to Bensalem's Sgt. Andrew Aninsman. The second victim, an employee of the carpet store, suffered 2nd and 3rd degree burns to his hands and arms and was taken by ambulance to Aria Torresdale.

Just before 5 p.m., a person believed to be an electrician was working on an electrical panel box inside Adams Carpet, which is located at 2064 Street Rd., when an electrical explosion occurred, according to the Bensalem Police Department.

The male, who is in his 40's, was "engulfed in flames," police said. He ran towards the front of the store where some carpet caught on fire.

An employee of Adams Carpet attempted to assist the victim and sustained burns to his hands and arms.

The surrounding businesses did not appear to be affected by the fire, as customers could be seen coming in and out of Aldo's Pizza and Tin Chue Chinese & Vietnamese Restaurant.

PECO restored electricity by 6 p.m. 

The fire is currently being investigated by the Bensalem Fire Department and Bensalem Detectives. Responding units included Bensalem Fire Rescue, Eddington Fire, Cornwells fire, Nottingham fire and Bensalem Rescue Squad.

Like us on Facebook | Follow us on Twitter

Vic Monaco January 17, 2013 at 10:57 PM
Where is Adams Carpet located?
Joan Schleinkofer January 17, 2013 at 11:36 PM
I believe it is in the bottom dollar shopping center on street rd
Jesseka Kadylak (Editor) January 17, 2013 at 11:46 PM
It's located at 2064 Street Rd.
tara santos January 18, 2013 at 02:29 AM
No its kind of across the street from the shopping center where giant is
Joseph January 18, 2013 at 02:57 AM
Their emplyees are obnoxious, met one years ago at Franklin Mills in wanting carpet. Nasty people..
Melissa January 18, 2013 at 03:58 AM
That is a shame. I just purchased carpet for my entire house, and they were such nice people to work with.
Melissa January 18, 2013 at 03:59 AM
I hope that everyone will be ok.
Liz January 18, 2013 at 01:52 PM
I hope everyone will be ok. Bensalem Engine 222 good job as always!!!!
Liz January 18, 2013 at 01:53 PM
Oh and Nottingham!!!
Narrah January 18, 2013 at 02:06 PM
No, its where the Bottom Dollar Store is in the Bensalem Plaza Shopping Center. I live right behind it. I can only pray these two men will recover.
Rebecca January 18, 2013 at 04:31 PM
And them being nasty relates to this story how??????
R U guessing ? January 18, 2013 at 05:06 PM
Vic from the shipyard ?
G Bradley February 03, 2013 at 03:24 PM
Check out friendsofbillygreene.com and "like" Friends Of Billy Greene on Facebook. These sites are set up to help the family of Billy, who is the guy who was burned over 80% of his body. Thank you
Donna L. Fleming February 08, 2013 at 03:09 AM
Omg I just saw the flyer at La Fitness FM's I was shocked this was him I use to see him ALL the time...so sorry this happened I am spreading the word of the benefit on my FB page!!!
Jesseka Kadylak (Editor) February 08, 2013 at 03:24 AM
Here's more about the benefit and the donation fund: http://bensalem.patch.com/articles/burn-victim-s-fund-benefit-aims-to-raise-10k
Jesseka Kadylak (Editor) February 08, 2013 at 03:25 AM
Here's an article about it: http://bensalem.patch.com/articles/burn-victim-s-fund-benefit-aims-to-raise-10k

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »