.

No Injuries in Afternoon Dryer Fire

Fire companies from several area departments responded to a fire on Summit Avenue in Lower Southampton on Thursday.

A dryer is to blame for a blaze that damaged the basement and kitchen of a house in the 2000 block of Summit Avenue in the Trevose section of Lower Southampton Thursday afternoon, officials said.

No injuries were reported, but residents were in the house when the dryer fire was reported just before 2 p.m., township Fire Marshal Bill Oettinger said.

Lower Southampton Fire Company Chief Steve Krippel said fire crews arrived to find heavy fire in the basement and smoke throughout the home. The cabinets in the kitchen above the basement were also ablaze.

Firefighters went to work and had the fire extinguished in about 30 minutes, he said.

Crews worked at house, which officials described as cluttered, to remove smoldering items for more than an hour after the blaze.

The chief said fire police were valuable in helping fire apparatus navigate the small and hilly road.

Fire crews from Bensalem, Langhorne and Middletown assisted Lower Southampton crews. The Tri-Hampton Rescue Squad also manned the scene.

Christina Mellor December 14, 2012 at 07:50 PM
Wow I had NO idea that pictures were going to be posted. Just a note...my husband is a woodworker and the coffin was one of his projects. That one was for my daughter as a halloween prop.
Hillary grey December 14, 2012 at 08:38 PM
I was totally wondering about the coffin and was about to message you on fb! Im so glad no one was hurt!
Jason Graves December 14, 2012 at 10:02 PM
Glad everyone is OK. Praying for you all.
anna joy langevin December 14, 2012 at 11:51 PM
it is always difficult to deal with a fire, and loss.. the home is smoke damaged and much water damage, the windows in the home needed to be busted so the home is unliveable, boarded up.. my family is trying to retrive things that may be ok to use.. the fire departments came quickly and went to work, there was 7 trucks in all.thank you to all of them for their work.....I thank God that my family was not hurt,, it is hard to loose your stuff but their lives are more important.. thank you to all who helped and will help..and thank you for your prayers..
Amanda "MacGyver" Mellor December 17, 2012 at 12:41 PM
That would be the FEASTERVILLE Fire Co. NOT the "Featerville" Fire Co. I don't know where that is. [Picture #7] Gosh, doesn't anyone proof-read anymore??

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »