Anxiety ~~~~ Go Away!
Anxiety is one of those conditions that makes you want to pull out your hair and beg for Calgon to take you away from it all. It comes on like a fire and won’t leave you alone. You feel like you can’t live in your own skin and just want someone to pull you out of it.
Oh yes. I know it well.
When I have anxiety, I simply cannot deal with my daughter’s questions and needs. I feel like life is just too demanding and I am going to burst. I will start a fight with you if you even look at me the wrong way, which could be any way at all.
Can YOU dig it? I knew that you could. (Trivia Break ~ Those are lines from Saturday Night Fever when Tony is playing on the Brooklyn Bridge.)
Anxiety usually comes from worry. So, the first thing you should do is try to figure out what it is that is worrying you. That sounds easy but, sometimes it isn’t.
Here is a list of other methods that will alleviate anxiety.
1. Scream into a pillow and make sure you scream as loudly as you possibly can!
2. Breathe slowly in through your nose and out through your mouth. Do this three or more times as slowly as you can.
3. Punch a pillow
4. MOVE. Shake out your arms and legs. Just move your body any way you can. It works to shake out the anxiety.
5. Put on music that you like. Dance with it.
6. Smash something. Find something you can destroy and throw it against a wall. You will have a mess after this but it does work to get rid of anxiety.
7. Get out in the sun.
Good luck! I have done all of these things and they really do work!
Please leave a comment if you have other suggestions for our readers.
Risa Cookie J