s Department of the Arts will be showcasing student talent at six free concerts starting Monday.
The performances, part of the Arts at Bucks celebrations, will culminate in a big-band style jazz orchestra event on May 3.
Here is the full list of free concerts:
- Chamber Jazz Ensemble kicks off the series Monday with selections from a repertoire specifically composed for small-group jazz ensembles.
- The Madrigal Singers take the stage Tuesday. This vocal ensemble entertains with group and solo performances from historical, cultural and stylistic backgrounds and genres.
- The Percussion Ensemble will perform Thursday with a variety of instruments.
- On Monday, April 30, the Classical Ensembles perform. The Classical Ensembles consist of the Low Brass Ensemble and the Woodwind Ensemble.
- The multi-voice Concert Choir performs on Wednesday, May 2. The group performs a stylistically diverse repertoire, including a new composition by Professor Steve Bresnen.
- The concert series concludes Thursday, May 3, with the BCCC Jazz Orchestra. The group will be performing the music of Duke Ellington.
All concerts take place at 7:30 p.m. in the Presser Music Room in the Music and Multimedia Center.
The free concert series is part of Arts at Bucks celebrations, running through May 8. For a complete list of events, visit www.bucks.edu/artsatbucks or call 215-968-8425.